We turn inaction into In Action.
EarthPM Training – active knowledge transfer, with, as you can see, the focus on active!
Come to EarthPM for your general Project Management training and upskilling needs, for sustainability education, and of course, for improvements you need to make at that key intersection of PM and sustainability. We focus on the project, program, and portfolio level. Sustainability is often across projects, and across programs – so we can help you at all of these levels.
ANNOUNCING OUR … Sustainability Wheel™
Beyond projects. Beyond project management. Triple-bott0m-line thinking for your enterprise at the project, program, and/or portfolio level.
EarthPM’s Sustainability Wheel™ model and associated Sustainability Spider™ and Sustainability Radar™ assessments were all first announced at PMI’s 2013 North America Global Congress (New Orleans) and PMO Symposium (San Diego) during formal presentations. The assessment is a powerful way to find out where your organization stands in incorporating sustainability thinking into its ‘DNA’ – and even more importantly, provides you with the means to take effective action to fill any gaps, add to your strengths, and become a true sustainability leader. EarthPM’s training and consulting services are at the enterprise level – project, program, and portfolio, and can of course be adjusted to focus on a particular project or endeavor.
Sustainability Wheel™ allows an enterprise never-before-seen insight. Behind the image below – which provides the basic framework of the tool, is a series of pragmatic measures to help your organization intensify their triple-bottom-line thinking to produce results.
The Sustainability Wheel™ is more than a model. Yes, the model is important -because it allows understanding and engagement with what’s being measured. Because of the thought put into the model, instead of generic, cross-industry, sweeping measurements which may not apply to your organization, we produce focused, customized Sustainability Radar™ and Sustainability Spider™ charts which meaningfully and powerfully convey your status and areas for improvement for your particular industry and your particular organization. Instead of shooting out in dozens of dimensions, wasting your time and energy on aspects of business which don’t even apply to your industry, we’ve boiled the assessment down to the important and few – yielding outcomes from an assessment which you can actually use and which become immediately actionable.
Contact us if you’re interested in getting the Sustainability Wheel™ rolling for your organization.
Our most recent offering at the Sustainability Learning Centre with another ON-line Green/Sustainability Project Management course was a smashing success. Attendees got 7 PDUs in an extremely popular blended-learning format.
Check it out here!
Here’s some of the verbatim feedback we’ve received from training customers:
- Rich and Dave provide a fascinating view into how as project managers and change agents we can positively promote consideration of sustainability and the footprint our products/systems will leave on this planet. Their insights, enthusiasm and knowledge broadened my perspective on sustainability! Thanks.
- This course helped me to better articulate to my team how and when we should integrate sustainability considerations into our projects.
- The Green/Sustainability PM course easily makes the link between Project Management tools and techniques and sustainability. They made the webinars lively and interesting, they kept my attention and interest throughout the course.
- As part of my Professional Development Plan, I completed the “Green/Sustainability Project Management” course offered by the Sustainability Learning Centre It demonstrated how project management tools can be used to include, plan and manage sustainability considerations in all projects. The concept of “Greenality” was linked with the traditional concepts of “Quality” for project management considerations. The lecturers, Rich Maltzman, PMP and Dave Shirley PMP, delivered a fast-paced and interesting online course. I recommend the course.
- We’ve partnered with Rich Maltzman of EarthPM for the past 9 years to assist with the development/revision of our PMP exam prep course materials, and as an instructor for virtual and onsite PMP exam prep training. Rich is up to date on all things PMI and fluent with the latest edition of the PMBOK(R) Guide. He has proven a thorough and knowledgeable resource, with work that is of excellent quality, receiving consistent positive feedback from our clients within the Biopharma and Life Sciences industry. Rich’s real world experience and knowledge combined with his unique and interactive teaching style, make for an excellent learning experience. Rich takes personal interest in the success of his students, often going beyond what is asked of him, to ensure a correct understanding of the material. We look forward to partnering with Rich, and EarthPM, for many more years. -Erkki Goodwin, CAPM, mScholar and ActionForResults.
Learn more about our work with the Sustainability Learning Centre here
EarthPM has experience creating and leading successful, effective workshops in general project management.
We have experience teaching at the University level, including in the Project Management Master’s Degree at Boston University, and in industry. We have run educational programs for:
- Argonne National Laboratories (part of US Department of Energy) and General Motors’ EcoCar2 program
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- American Science & Engineering
- IT Metrics and Productivity Institute
- PM South Africa
- PMI Mid-America Chapter
- PMI South Florida Chapter
- Government of Malaysia
- PMI Mass Bay
- PMI New England consortium of chapters
- Boston Area Sustainability Group
- PMI Global Sustainability Community of Practice
We have put together specialized (and also have standard) offerings in PM training in multiple formats:
- PM Essentials Course – Four 2-hour workshops offered weekly
- PM tools-based workshop – one intense, interactive 3-hour session
- Full-coverage, PMBOK(R) Guide 5th-edition-based Knowledge Area coverage in 5 3-hour sessions times 5 general subject groups (Essentials, Contracts and Costs, Risk, Quality, and Stakeholders/HR/Communications)
- Customizable 9 and 12 hour instructor-led PM course taught at your location, focused on practical tools like the Probability-Impact Matrix, RAM, and WBS. These are typically offered in 1-per week 3 or four week configurations.
- Web-based and blended learning options are also available
References are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and to schedule or customize a training package consulting engagement for your organization.