Sustainability efforts begin at home and at a â€œhomeyâ€ business. Stonewall Kitchen, a company built on a grandmaâ€™s recipe for blueberry jam, has made significant inroads to sustainability, and was recognized for it. Congratulations!! Here is the news release:
YORK (Maine) â€” Specialty food manufacturer and retailer Stonewall Kitchen received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Food Recovery Challenge Achievement Award for demonstrating its commitment to improving sustainable food management practices in 2010 and 2011.
“During the past few years, we have focused on improving our food and waste management practices,” said Janine Somers, director of marketing. “To date, we have developed an internal zero-waste and sustainability program. We have also updated our outbound packaging and compost process and materials. For example, our packing peanuts are water-soluble, compostable or recyclable.”
As an active participant in the EPA’s WasteWise Program, Stonewall Kitchen submitted its sustainable food management practices for consideration. By using a combination of single-sort recycling and composting, Stonewall Kitchen employees dispose items into designated containers that are sent to select Dumpsters that recycle plastic, metal and paper goods. Food waste is also sorted and bagged separately for local compost initiatives such as fertilizer for local landscapers and farms. For more about WasteWise, visit www.epa.gov/epawaste/conserve/smm/wastewise/index.htm. For more about Stonewall Kitchen, visit www.stonewallkitchen.com
Call Us! +1 978 475 3278
Get our book!
Follow EarthPM on Twitter!
Share us on LinkedIn!
Empire Avenue stock info
Subscribe to EarthPM
Visits from Earth
Brand New Book: Project Workflow Management, By Dan Epstein and Rich MaltzmanFind out more HERE
Healthcare PM – By Dave ShirleyFind out more HERE
book BP carbon carbon footprint china clean energy climate climate change deepwater deepwater horizon electric electricity energy environment gas green green pm green project green project management gulf jobs landfill MIT nuclear power ocean oil PM PMI power project Project Management Project Managers projects recycling solar solar power south africa spill sustain sustainability TransOcean turbine video water wind
- The gorilla is named Hogarth
- Climate Counts
- Project Management for the Masses
- How NASA Builds Teams
- Brand New Book: Project Workflow Management – Blog page is right here
- National Science Foundation
- Sustainable Cities
- A girl's guide to project management
- Green Process Management blog
- The Project Shrink
- The Lazy Project Manager
- Marc Gunther – Business Sustainability
- Top 50 Project Management Blogs
- Project Green A to Z
Recent Comments about EarthPM
- Is Your Project Sustainable? Episode 47Project Management for the Masses on In this case, unplugged is a BAD thing
- Project Management Around the World – North America #PMHangout32 | Sensible Project Manager on Project Management Around the World – New England, USA
- Guest Post: The Green Spectrum of Projects and the Role of the Product Manager | Take Charge Product ManagementÂ© on Guest Post: What’s the Difference Between Product and Project Management?
- earthpm on Today, Today
- e saperstein on Our students speak out!
Get ready for your PMP Exam – Online
- 1 Member.
- 3 Guests.
Add blog to our directory.
Voices on Mesothelioma
A Better BlogrollThis random selection from my daily reads changes each time the page is refreshed.